My dad. Is it possible to love a dad more than I do mine?
Dad has a
love obsession with all things coconut.
coconut syrup (for his coffee)
coconut ice cream
coconut shaved ice
coconut cream pie
coconut crusted anything
You get the picture. He is from Puerto Rico, island of coconut deliciousness, so it’s really no surprise he craves the flavor so much.
We’ll be celebrating Father’s Day (along with my grandma’s 90th birthday!) in San Diego this weekend, so I won’t be doing any cooking. But if I was making my dad a special breakfast, these easy coconut pancakes would certainly be on the menu. In my dad’s honor, I made a batch yesterday and ate their coco-nutty goodness right up because that is what he would want me to do.
This recipe is just 5 ingredients and so easy. I use Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix, which can be found at most stores. The pancakes are triple coconut because you use coconut milk, coconut oil, and shredded coconut. Don’t even try to count the calories. Just enjoy and pat yourself on the back that at least you’re eating whole grains. 🙂
Hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating your fathers, grandfathers, honorary dads, and father figures (single moms, too)!
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk (the stuff in a can!)
- ¼ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- Blend pancake mix, egg, coconut oil, coconut milk, and shredded coconut. Mix just until blended. The batter will be very thick.
- Cook pancakes on preheated griddle or skillet (use butter or coconut oil to prevent sticking), flip when edges begin to brown and bubbles show in the center.
- Garnish pancakes with sliced strawberries, shredded coconut, and maple syrup.