Today was one of those days where I don’t know where the hours went. A to-do list a mile long and I didn’t cross much off. But two really great things happened… 1) I met Marissa’s one week old baby girl (remember her baby shower bagel bar?) and was a hormonal puddle of mush the rest of the day.
2) I made this festive champagne cocktail perfect for Fourth of July! The recipe is simple, and the result is so refreshing! Be careful though, it’s one of those cocktails that fools you into guzzling down 1, 2, 3… and then it’s “red, white & hammered!” Whoopsie! 🙂
The berry ice cubes are so festive and easy to make. Simply purée your fruit of choice (I just threw clean berries into our NutriBullet and blended until smooth – no water needed), pour into ice cube trays, and place in freezer until solid. Add a little fresh squeezed citrus juice to the fruit purée for an extra little zing. To make this cocktail non-alcoholic, use sparkling water, club soda, or tonic water. I really love how when the ice cubes start to melt, your beverage becomes beautifully hued and fruity.
If you make this recipe, please share with me using #shellymadeblog. For more festive Fourth of July inspiration, visit my board on Pinterest.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sweet white wine (like Moscato or Riesling)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Puréed berry ice cubes
- Whole berries, for garnish (optional)
- Start with chilled wine and Champagne and combine the contents of both bottles in a large pitcher.
- Place berry ice cubes in a glass and cover with Champagne mixture. Garnish with whole berries, as desired. Serve and enjoy immediately.